Wednesday 27 February 2013

Transit - Rough Cut



I am very pleased with the close-ups that we captured in order to establish the action. For example, when Jon is coming coming up the stairs to meet Hanna (0:31)/(0:43). This is as when they are cut to from other wider shots the pace and involvement within the action increases. Therefore, creating a more tense build up. Additionally, I am very satisfied with a close-up at (0:45), the reason being that, it's utilises noir lighting  much like films I have researched such as "A Clockwork Orange" and "13 Tzameti". Also, I feel the tracking shot at (1:01) turned out very well, this is as I believe it reflects the shot from "Misfits" (posted below) that it was influenced by .



Although I was overall quite pleased with the edit, I believe there are quite a few improvements that can be made/ should've been considered before editing. For example, the shot at (1:12) seems too dark and it's rather hard to make out the action, however, brightening the clip would most likely reduce the quality of the shot significantly. In addition, although the foot coming down in the lift is quite suspenseful I don't feel as if I have utilised the soundtrack/sound to the further make this action menacing. In order to improve this, I could add a sting when the foot comes down to show that it is an ultimate moment or perhaps adjust the original soundtrack so the boot hits the floor on a pulsing beat.

4 comments:

  1. Adam is this your final cut? Remember the advice I gave you:

    Adam/Sol
    Instead of edited by and directed by……. and ……. Instead …..A Turner and Goss Production which could be included early in the sequence. Also get rid of cinematography credit. . Slow motion action in lift to make it more convincing and menacing. There is a sound leak (wild sound) as lift door opens this needs sorting out. Title of film not at end of sequence but at about 1.00.


    have you revised the rough edit?? Well done for evaluation of your purpose. Have you added more sound impact to the foot at the lift door to your final edit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This isn't my final cut miss, I will have that on my blog by tomorrow.

      I changed my thriller to suit your comments and the only problem is that when I make the lift sequence slow motion it looks rather naff and kind of ruins the effect of the other shots. Although, it does make it seem a bit menacing it's just because it doesn't go with the overall feel and seems a bit out of place, as it's jumpy.

      Furthermore, I am still to add a sting and title changes, but that will all be done and up tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I made a spelling error. I think it should read Ms

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete